This Mexican fiesta dip consists of homemade lime-infused refried black beans smothered with guacamole, salsa, corn, cheese, tomatoes, olives, and jalapeños. It’s everything you’d want in a bean dip…and more!
Whether it’s a Cinco de Mayo celebration or you’ve volunteered for an appetizer and you don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, you’ll be glad you made this dip.
Be sure to stock up on chips, and let the party begin!
Once you have your mise en place, or everything measured out and ready to go, assembly takes just minutes.
Evenly spread the refried beans in an 8-inch square baking dish. Spoon the guacamole over the beans and gently spread, being careful not to press the guacamole into the beans.
Pour the salsa over the guacamole, followed by the corn.
Sprinkle with cheese. Top with tomatoes, olives, jalapeños, green onions and cilantro.
To simplify things, you can use canned refried beans. If you choose to go with the canned, heat the beans in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir and cook until heated through. Evenly spread in the bottom of the baking dish and let cool for 15 minutes before assembling.
So here you have a simply amazing party dip in no time at all…
Serve with tortilla chips or stuff in warm tortillas and enjoy!
Mexican Fiesta Dip
Yield 6 Servings
Free of: gluten and top 8 allergens.
Perfect for dipping tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies!
1 recipe lime-infused refried black beans (see recipe notes)
3 medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
3/4 cup chunky salsa
1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
1 1/2 cups dairy-free cheddar-style shreds, such as Daiya
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeños
2 tbsp sliced green onions and/or chopped cilantro
- In an 8-inch square baking dish, evenly spread the refried beans.
- In a small bowl, mix avocados and lime juice. Gently spread the guacamole, being careful not to press it into the beans.
- Over the guacamole, spread the salsa. Evenly add the corn.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Top with tomatoes, olives, jalapeños, green onions and cilantro.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or stuffed in warm tortillas.
- You can substitute one can of refried beans, pinto or black, if you're short on time. One (16-ounce can) of beans measures about 1 1/2 cups.
- Another serving option is to spread the refried beans on the bottom of a serving platter. Spoon guacamole over the beans. Pour salsa over the guacamole. Evenly add the corn. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with tomatoes, olives, jalapeños, green onions and cilantro.