Let’s eat the season with this shaved Brussels sprouts and spaghetti stir-fry!
We love fall and all it has to offer, so we don’t want to leave out Brussels sprouts, with their distinctive flavor.
These gems have made a real comeback from the days when they were just steamed. Roasted, sautéed, breaded, candied, fried and grilled, Brussels sprouts are finally getting their due with creative recipes that turn them into salads, pizza, casseroles, chips and so much more.
Who would have thought you could do so much with these cute little cabbages?
Shaved Brussels sprouts and spaghetti make a delicious, light and refreshing stir-fry that even picky eaters can’t resist…
Making this dish is quick and super easy!
Take a third of the dry pasta at a time and break each third into 3 pieces. Cook according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Trim Brussels sprouts by peeling off any bad outer leaves. Then, using a paring knife, cut off as much of the stalk end as possible, without cutting off more leaves. Cut in half lengthwise. Lay flat on a cutting board and thinly slice. Set Brussels sprouts aside while the stir-fry begins.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and red pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
Next, add Brussels sprouts and water chestnuts and stir-fry 1 minute. Pour in veggie broth and coconut aminos, cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in spaghetti. Remove from heat and add carrots and basil. Toss and enjoy!
Shaved Brussels sprouts and spaghetti stir-fry is surely a dish that elevates the humble Brussel Sprout.
Enjoy celebrating foods free!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Spaghetti Stir-fry
Yield 4 Servings
Free of: gluten and top 8 allergens.
This shaved Brussels sprouts and spaghetti stir-fry is so delicious, light and refreshing that even picky eaters come back for more.
6 ounces dry spaghetti
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper flakes
4 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced or shredded (about 10 ounces)
3/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth, or more as needed
3 tbsp coconut aminos
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds, optional
- In batches, break spaghetti into 3 pieces. Cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and dried red pepper and cook 30 seconds.
- Add Brussels sprouts and water chestnuts; cook and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add broth and coconut aminos; cook 2 minutes more or until liquid is nearly evaporated, tossing frequently. If it is too dry, add a couple more tablespoons of broth, as needed. Stir in cooked spaghetti and heat through. Remove from heat.
- Add carrots and basil; toss. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds, if desired. If almond allergy is not an issue, feel free to replace sunflower seeds with toasted slivered almonds.